• Manage accounts receivable for all HCBS billing for HC including, but not limited to: Part A Medicare, Medicaid waiver, Hospice, Insurance, private pay, Passport, Core, Core plus, and Caregivers Grant billing.
• Communicate with Medicare, Medicaid and other payors for timely payment of our services.
• Keep up to date with all billing regulations as they relate to our HCBS billing procedures.
• Assist in the implementation of new billing practices and software.
• Prepare and file insurance claims.
• Assist in the set- up of new policies and procedures.
• Verify accuracy of Medicare logs with claims submitted.
• Perform duties of Business Office Manager for new and existing facilities as needed.
• Collect and prepare work papers for audit and cost reports.
• Assist with quarterly internal audits.
• Create billing and collection systems for all new payor types. This includes but is not limited to learning about new payor types, create and implement internal systems to bill and collect for these new services, train staff (administrators, nurses, business offices) on the new system, monitor the new systems for efficiency, accuracy and timeliness.
• Audit current billing and collection systems to ensure efficiency, accuracy and timeliness.
• Review all medical records and their correlation to the billing system prior to any external audits by Medicare, Medicaid, Passport, Insurance, etc.
• Must adhere to all policies, procedures, terms and conditions set forth in the Employee Information Guide (EIG) as well as any facility handbook including but not limited to corporate compliance, drug free workplace, safe work practices, all federal, state, local regulations and laws.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Must have the ability to perform needed functions. Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 2 years in a home health and hospice agency or other related health field.
Mental: Must have good communication, comprehension, computer and interpersonal skills. Must have the ability to speak, read, write and understand English.
Licensure: none required